Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Protocol Appointment Today!!

I was very excited to go to our protocol appointment today at the RE's office. They did a test "transfer" so they can document the way my uterus naturally lays in my body. This is done so that when the day of the actual transfer occurs, they don't have to guess to find my cervix and disrupt the uterine lining. Wow. Good to know. My uterus is normal, my cervix is normal so thats good news.

Since I have awesome insurance coverage most of my costs associated with this procedure are covered. My medications are also covered as well for low co-pays. This is such a blessing. I've already started birth control pills which I will take for 21 days. My last pill will be September 3. I start a 0.1 ml (10 units) of Lupron injected at night starting on Sunday, August 30 and will take that until the doctor says to stop. Lupron is used to prevent the follicles that I will be stimulating from prematurely releasing. This way they will stay in my ovaries until the doctor retrieves them. I start the "stims", medicine used to stimulate the ovaries to produce follicles on September 9. I will be using Gonal F. I will find out the dosage at my next doctors appointment which is on September 8. This will all lead up to an egg retrieval and transfer sometime between September 19 and September 26.

We also got the results of his semen analysis. Volume 2.5, sperm count 26.6 million, morphology 75, immediate motility 60, 3 hour motility 50. Which means his sperm are dying off faster than normal. This makes us great candidates for IVF because we won't have to worry about timing. His testosterone levels were normal. God bless this technology.

2 comments:

  1. Sam, this is so exciting!! I love to follow your journey!! You are so detailed in your explanation of the procedure of IVF that you are going to help so many other people that are going through it or will in the future, know what they are going to expect!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finally following your journey! I don't know much about blogging, but maybe I will figure this out!!

    ReplyDelete