Friday, December 25, 2009

Here we go again....

So here we go again....after a break with Chinese herbs and acupuncture, trying to lose weight (unsuccessfully) and a second opinion we are on for round 2 with a new fertility clinic....we now trek almost three hours away to SIRM (Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine) with Dr. Greene.

I did a lot of internet research and located Dr. Greene through the SIRM website www.haveababy.com. I called the office and the receptionist was very friendly. She arranged a free phone consulation with Dr. Greene for the following week. I spoke with him and thought he was very personable and more concerned with me as a person and getting pregnant rather than as a patient without a face or a name. Although I thought I may have to pay a lot of money out of pocket (we fixed that via insurance) and a lot of traveling time (not too many times) we set up an in person consultation where we could go over my medical records.

DH and I met with Dr. Greene and we felt so comfortable there. He spend an hour or so with us discussing our medical records, explaining the process of how he plans on proceeding with us to my husband and we left excited, feeling like we have a big chance, and processing a diagnosis of PCOS. All I have to do is wait for next AF, call for a birth control prescription and wait for my protocol appointment. I am still waiting to hear on my AMH (anti Muellerian hormone) results as well to confirm PCOS. If so then I will start Metformin as well.

Dates to remember: Jan 7- Protocol appointment, Jan 14- Repeat SA for DH.

No comments:

Post a Comment